M.S. Degree Worksheet (summarizes requirements for a Master’s degree in Biology)
Ph.D. Degree Worksheet (summarizes requirements for a Doctoral degree in Biology without a lab rotation)
Ph.D. Degree with Rotation Worksheet (summarizes requirements for a Doctoral degree in Biology with a lab rotation)
Guide to an Effective Presentation (outlines the expectations for your prospectus and thesis/dissertation presentations)
The following forms will be needed during your graduate program.
Department of Biology Forms
- Annual Degree Progress Tracking Form (Due February 15th each year to update the department on your progress.)
- M.S. Degree Requirement Form (List of the courses to fulfill your Master’s degree in Biology. It needs to be approved and signed by your thesis committee during your 1st or 2nd semester.)
- Ph.D. Degree Requirement Form (List of the courses to fulfill your Doctoral degree in Biology. It needs to be approved and signed by your dissertation committee during your 1st or 2nd semester.)
- Prospectus Approval Form (It needs to be approved and signed by your Master’s or Doctoral advisory committee when they approve your research prospectus.)
- Comprehensive Examination Form (It needs to be signed by your Master’s or Doctoral advisory committee when your examination has been accepted or not accepted then signed by the department chair.)
Graduate School Forms
- Update/Change Advisor or Advisory Committee is now done online (*M.S. and Ph.D.* It needs to be completed when you form your advisory committee during your 1st or 2nd semester. Also used if you change your advisor/advisory committee. NOTE: Under “Establish Advisory Committee” Master’s students must have at least 3 committee members and Doctoral students must have at least 5 committee members.) See instructions here.
- GS5 – Authorization to Sit for Exam (*Ph.D.* Authorizes you to take your comprehensive exams. It must be submitted to the Graduate School 2 weeks prior to the oral comprehensive exam.)
- GS5.1 – Report of the Comprehensive Examination Committee/Admission to Candidacy for the Doctorate Degree (*Ph.D.* To be filled out by your advisor after you take your comprehensive exams.)
- GS7 – Authorization for Final Oral/Written Exam (*M.S. and Ph.D.* Announces your thesis/dissertation defense. It must be submitted to the Graduate School at least 14 days prior to your thesis/dissertation defense.)
- GS8 – Application and Instructions to Graduate (*M.S. and Ph.D.* It must be completed at the beginning of the semester you plan to graduate.)
- Other forms relating to thesis/dissertation signature pages, templates, copyright authorization, etc. are listed in the Graduate School Forms and Manuals Library.