A Minor in Biology
A minor in biological science consists of a minimum of 18 credit hours of biology courses, including
- 8 credit hours of Biological Science I, II plus labs (Bisc 160, 161, 162, 163)
- 10 credit hours at the 300 level or above.
The department recommends that students take the following three courses.
- Bisc 322. General Ecology (4 credit hours)
- Bisc 330. Introductory Physiology (4 credit hours)
- Bisc 336. Genetics (4 credit hours)
No more than two nonlaboratory courses may be used to satisfy minor requirements. Bisc 150, 491, 492, seminars, and nonmajor courses do not satisfy minor requirements.
OTHER ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Every biology course requires a grade of C or better in all prerequisite courses, including those prerequisite courses from other departments. For example, Bisc 160 and 161 must be passed with a grade of C or better before Bisc 162 or 163 may be taken. In addition, Bisc 160, 161, 162, and 163 must be passed with a grade of C or better before any additional biology courses at the 300 level or above is attempted.